Tw3 provides a brief commentary on stories bearing on the delights and discontents of urbanism that were in the news over the week ending 24 September 2017.
In this week’s Tw3, The Urbanist comments on:
- Is Melbourne already bigger than Sydney?
- Bigger is better – small businesses once employed over half of private sector workers but no longer
- Public transport is always greener on the other side
- Doncaster hill’s next major apartment project verges on approval
- Council wants toll for $5.5b West Gate Tunnel to be set by minister, not operator
- Sydney park to be named after Green Ban-era community leader Nita McCrae
The solution is seen as a single rail line, but it should be conceived as the package of infrastructure and policies that will best promote the accessibility of Melbourne Airport
The likelihood of suffering a serious injury while cycling on the road is extremely low, but it seems our tolerance for risk is even lower
Tw3 provides a brief commentary on stories in the news over the week ending 17 September 2017 that bear on the delights and discontents of urbanism
Winterfell is leading the public nominations for names for the five new Melbourne Metro underground rail stations. Melbourne can do much better